Friday 2 May 2014

Cafe Chantant, black forest gateau in a bottle

Italian perfume house nobile 1942 is on it's way to becoming a new favourite of mine. I have already written about the Chypre and since then I have sampled a few more scents and they all had something about them. There is the elegant Pontevecchio, the alluring Casta Diva, the totally bonkers but beautiful Danza delle Libellule (have a look at the fab review from the Black Narcissus blog) and my latest find: The delicious Cafe Chantant. 

My visual interpretation of Cafe Chantant by nobile 1942

It opens with a boozy cherry note that reminds me of good, home made, black forest gateau. Chocolate sponge drenched in Kirsch, sour cherries and a ton of cream. Yum! I'd have that any day of the week if you'd let me, but even double hour Pilates and kettlebells sessions wouldn't prevent those cakes from going straight to the hips. So, thank you nobile for creating a perfume that I can have instead. The initial booze note disappears, as you'd expect, quite quickly and the cherries dry down to a wonderful creamy vanilla patchouli. Surprisingly, it's a skin scent on me, which adds to the overall guilty pleasures feel. It's a scent I love to have around me for emergency sniffs that instantly help me feel better about the world and it also makes for an excellent night fragrance. This is not for everyone, but it makes me insanely happy. 

How and where to wear:
For one of those days...


6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about the perfume but I want that cake... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. Next week I'm in Germany and I will eat ALL the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking the same as Undina! Though I do tend to default to Erdbeertorte when I am over there - or good old Strudel in winter with lots of Sahne...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Sigrun and I just wanted to say hello! I recently came across your blog by pure chance and I'm very happy to take part of your visual approach to perfumery. I also often experience scents in shapes and colors (although I wouldn't call myself a full on syntheist either). The mix of chocolate and sour cherries in Cafe Chantant sounds divine! I haven't tried it, but I think I must now as I really love sour cherries (my husband sometimes makes fun of me because I always seek them out when I can and nobody else (at least here in Sweden) seems to care about them :) I'll add you to my blog roll and I'm looking forward to more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Sigrun, thank you for reading and leaving a comment. I didn't know that sour cherries are difficult to find in Sweden. Perfumes are not always a sufficient substitute, but Cafe Chantant is as lovely as they come....

      Delete